The Ali'i GT-7 Peformance Noserider in Fiberglass features a XEON pigmented fiberglass deck, bottom and rails. This surfboard is designed with a wide, round nose with concave, flat bottom transitioning into a vee with a slight tail kick. The Ali'i GT-7 is an outstanding noserider, but it doesn’t stop there. The tail pulls into a performance profile, and the rail gets progressively harder starting from about eight inches up from the side bites, making this a hyper performance longboard that rips turns as well as it noserides.
The Guy Takayama Ali'i GT7 Performance Noserider is designed with advanced materials and manufacturing methods for hyper performance results. This performance longboard features hand-laid lamination with high impact Epoxy resin. The blank is custom molded and constructed with fused cell EPS foam core. Add the high density foam shell and 2 layers of 4 oz XEON fiberglass and you'll know why this board is so strong, durable and resistant to heel dents.
So, if you like ripping it off the bottom and going straight vertical as much as hangin’ it on the nose, the Ali’i is your solution. Guy Takayama has won more contests surfing the Ali’i GT-7 than on any other surfboard model. Enough said.
- 9’0” x 22 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Nose: 19 1/2"
- Tail: 14 5/8"
- Square Tail
- Volume: 62 Liters
- 9’5” x 23 ¼” x 2 7/8”
- Nose: 19 5/8"
- Tail: 14 1/2"
- Square Tail
- Volume: 73 Liters
- Deck: 2 Layers of 4 oz XEON Pigmented Fiberglass, 1 Layer of 4 oz Fiberglass
- Bottom: 2 Layers of 4 oz XEON Pigmented Fiberglass, 1 Layer of 4 oz Fiberglass
- 100% Hand Layup
- Epoxy resins
- EPS Core
- Advanced Materials
When we say our longboards, fun shapes and hybrid surfboards perform like no other board on the market, we mean it. Guy Takayama designed these hyper performance surfboards to take full advantage of advanced materials and manufacturing methods to deliver boards that simply perform like no other. All surfboards are 100% hand layups, made with a total of 12 ounces of fiberglass / carbon fiber (both deck and bottom) for superior strength while maintaining flexibility.
GUY TAKAYAMA SURFBOARD BLANKS
Our blanks go beyond: The EPS fused cell core is created in custom molds, producing the same beautiful shape every time. The proprietary fiberglass stringer system provides additional longitudinal strength for controlled flex and twist in the tail. Each EPS blank is encased in a lamination of 4 ounces of fiberglass, vacuum-bonded with a high density foam shell using epoxy resin.
HIGH PERFORMANCE SURFBOARD SHAPES
Guy Takayama started with his best shapes based on decades of hand-shaping custom polyurethane surfboards, and modified them to take full advantage of the lighter, more durable epoxy technologies and other advanced materials. The results have frankly exceeded our hopes and expectations. These surfboards are magic, and advanced production methods, and intense focus on the quality ensure that every surfboard has the same magic in its soul.
- Tapered rails offer excellent manueverability and quick release.
- Rocker and bottom shapes are made for noseriding as well as power and performance surfing.
- Designed super fast to get around sections, blast airs, or shoot down the line.
- Shapes designed specifically to optimize advanced materials.
- Advanced manufacturing processes and skilled craftsmen assure surfboard shape consistency.
- Proprietary Fiberglass Stringer System: Longitudinal flex comparable to PU with Latitudinal twist and rebound.
- 100% Hand layups - There is no substitute for skilled craftsmen who are totally committed to quality.