he Hoku GT-2 Performance Longboard is super-versatile, performing in everything from small waves to surf that’s well overhead. This surfboard is designed with XEON pigmented fiberglass deck and botton, The GT-2 Performance Longboard is available in 9’0” and 9’5” and features a full nose with concave and a tapered rail, complimenting the parabolic outline. This longboard has plenty of nose rocker and tail kick, making it responsive and super-maneuverable in a wide range of surf conditions. The concave shape also sets you up for length nose riders when you’re ready to perch.
This surfboard is 100% hand layup with all fiberglass cloth hand laid, sanded and polished in accordance with our high quality standards. The Hoku GT-2 is strong, lightweight and offers the quality that can only be achieved through the hand work of skilled craftsmen. This surfboard features a custom molded blank with fused cell EPS foam core. The proprietary fiberglass stringer system offers excellent flex and twist while the layers of XEON pigmented fiberglass, 10 ounces between the deck and bottom, offer superior strength, durability, and resistance to heel dents. The Hoku GT-2 features hand laid lamination with high impact epoxy resin, hot coat and hand polished for unbeatable quality. The centerpiece of any quiver, the Hoku GT-2 Performance Longboard is the board to get if you could only have one.
- 9’0” x 22 7/8” x 2 7/8”
- Nose: 18 5/8"
- Tail: 15 3/8"
- Square Tail
- Volume: 67 liters
- 9’5” x 23” x 3”
- Nose: 18 3/4"
- Tail: 15 3/8"
- Square Tail
- Volume: 73 Liters
- Fin Set-up: FCS 2+1
- Deck: 2 Layers of 4 oz XEON Pigmented Fiberglass, 1 Layer of 4 oz Fiberglass
- Bottom: 2 Layers of 4 oz XEON Pigmented Fiberglass, 1 Layer of 4 oz Fiberglass
- 100% Hand Layup
- Epoxy resins
- EPS Core
- Advanced Materials
When we say our longboards, fun shapes and hybrid surfboards perform like no other board on the market, we mean it. Guy Takayama designed these hyper performance surfboards to take full advantage of advanced materials and manufacturing methods to deliver boards that simply perform like no other. All surfboards are 100% hand layups, made with a total of 12 ounces of fiberglass / carbon fiber (both deck and bottom) for superior strength while maintaining flexibility.
GUY TAKAYAMA SURFBOARD BLANKS
Our blanks go beyond: The EPS fused cell core is created in custom molds, producing the same beautiful shape every time. The proprietary fiberglass stringer system provides additional longitudinal strength for controlled flex and twist in the tail. Each EPS blank is encased in a lamination of 4 ounces of fiberglass, vacuum-bonded with a high density foam shell using epoxy resin.
HIGH PERFORMANCE SURFBOARD SHAPES
Guy Takayama started with his best shapes based on decades of hand-shaping custom polyurethane surfboards, and modified them to take full advantage of the lighter, more durable epoxy technologies and other advanced materials. The results have frankly exceeded our hopes and expectations. These surfboards are magic, and advanced production methods, and intense focus on the quality ensure that every surfboard has the same magic in its soul.
- Tapered rails offer excellent manueverability and quick release.
- Rocker and bottom shapes are made for noseriding as well as power and performance surfing.
- Designed super fast to get around sections, blast airs, or shoot down the line.
- Shapes designed specifically to optimize advanced materials.
- Advanced manufacturing processes and skilled craftsmen assure surfboard shape consistency.
- Proprietary Fiberglass Stringer System: Longitudinal flex comparable to PU with Latitudinal twist and rebound.
- 100% Hand layups - There is no substitute for skilled craftsmen who are totally committed to quality.